Homebuilding Highlights for the New Homeowner
Building your new home is a detailed, multi-step process. Our 10 Stages of Construction will help you track your home's progress with a better understanding of the major activities that take place during each phase.
OUR 1O-STAGE GUIDELINE TO YOUR NEW HOME
- STAGE ONE: PRECONSTRUCTION
Youíve made the big decision. Now, just a few more choices will start you on the path to homeownership.
- At point of contract, structural options should be selected. These are the major “flex” options of the home. At this point, it is necessary to know if bath tile or cultured marble surrounds will be selected.
- Optional features are selected (within 21 days of contract signing).
- Décor options (flooring and countertops) are selected (within 30 days of contract signing).
- Lot is released to construction once your loan is approved (usually within 2 to 3 weeks after you purchase).
We start the home when:
- Structural options are selected.
- Plot plan is approved by you.
- Exterior color scheme has been okayed.
- STAGE TWO: PERMIT APPLICATION
While you select your optional features, we’ll take care of the permits.
- Our project Superintendent will apply for a permit with the local City or County.
- The Superintendent evaluates options for anticipated start.
- We cannot proceed to stage three until all optional features are chosen.
- STAGE THREE: FOUNDATION
Plotting, plumbing and pouring.
- Your foundation is laid out per the plot map, watered, trenched and formed (this includes foundation related structural options).
- No new structural options can be chosen at this point (Your option/decor list will show final cut off dates).
- Rough plumbing is installed and inspected.
- A Florsheim Contract Compliance Specialist performs a foundation inspection to ensure all structural options are installed.
- A City foundation inspection is done.
- Foundation, floor, garage, and porches are poured.
- STAGE FOUR: FRAMING
Your home and your dreams begin to take shape.
- Lumber and trusses are delivered..
- The Framer lays out and frames all walls.
- All trusses are rolled, set and sheathed.
- Rough framing work is completed.
- Our Contract Compliance Specialist performs a shear inspection to verify that all of your structural options are in place.
- The Structural frame is inspected by the City or County representative.
- STAGE FIVE: INTERIOR ROUGH
Itís what’s on the inside that counts.
- The fireplace box (if included) is set.
- All plumbing and electrical lines are run (pipes & wiring), heat & air system gets installed.
- Sheetrock is delivered to the house.
- STAGE SIX: EXTERIOR ROUGH
What’s on the outside counts too.
- Exterior doors and windows are delivered and installed.
- Roofing is installed.
- Exterior siding and stucco lath are installed.
- STAGE SEVEN: FRAME INSPECTION
Many inspections to make sure everything is just right.
- All top out work, plumbing, electrical, heating & air conditioning (and exterior weatherproofing) is inspected by the City or County.
- The Contract Compliance Specialist performs frame inspection.
- A Frame Walk inspection is conducted with you and the project Superintendent.
- Insulation, poly seal and sheetrock are installed and inspected.
- The walls and ceiling are then textured after sheetrock is taped and sanded.
- STAGE EIGHT: INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR FINISH
Finishing the top, the bottom and everything in between.
- All interior trim (doors, window sills, and baseboard) is delivered and installed.
- Bath tile is installed.
- The plumbing, electrical and heating & air systems are now completed. This includes installing faucets, electrical switch plates & fixtures and installing the furnace unit.
- Shower enclosures are installed.
- All floor coverings go in!
- Your countertops are installed.
- Cabinets and hardware are set.
- Appliances are placed and leveled.
- Fireplace hearth and mantle are installed.
- Three stucco coats are applied (base, scratch & color).
- Driveway and walkways are poured.
- Your homesite is finish graded.
- Exterior siding is primed and painted.
- Exterior masonry (rock or brick) and/or wrought iron are installed.
- Fencing is installed.
- Landscaping is installed.
- STAGE NINE: DETAIL FINISH
Details, details, details…
- All doors, windows, trim, and fixtures are inspected to meet Florsheim Homes’ standards.
- Final clean-up is performed.
- Touch-up paint and fine detail is performed.
- STAGE TEN: WELCOME HOME
Our house becomes your home.
- Completion of any fine detail items/punch list items.
- The Contract Compliance Specialist inspects house prior to customer walk-thru.
- You attend a homeowner orientation walk-thru with the Superintendent.
- Your mortgage is funded, home closes escrow and you receive the house keys!